Enjoi The Years - Complete source of Daily News, Information, and Entertainment from Bollywood


  Make money from your Website or Blog with BidVertiser

  Akshay Kumar, Jackie Chan And Mallika Sherwat

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Bollywood actresses head to New Year parties outside Mumbai

Mumbai, While many in Bollywood feel New Year celebrations should be scaled down in the wake of the terror attacks in Mumbai, a number of actresses are readying to perform at bashes in other cities.Sophie Chowdhary: I hope to perform in Delhi this New Year's eve. Although the general mood is gloomy I truly feel that we should not allow fear to overpower us. Recession and then 26/11...we need to regain our strength and power. Of course, we must not forget the lessons of 26/11. At the same time we mustn't be afraid to live our normal lives. We need to begin 2009 on a happy and positive note.
Malaika Arora: I'll be performing for New Year's eve in Singapore. Performing at a tacky event is a definite no-no. If I'm uncomfortable with the milieu, then the answer is no.
Celina Jaitley: Yes I'll go on stage on New Year's eve in London at the City Pavilion. People ask if it's proper to head to London for New Year's eve revelry when Mumbai is mourning and most actresses have cancelled their gigs. (Actually) It's not the actresses who have cancelled their performances. It's the luxury hotels in Mumbai that have done away with their New Year's eve shows. As for me, I won't be performing in London. I'll just be making an appearance.
Priyanka Chopra: It's a matter of personal choice. I'm not comfortable dancing at a New Year's event. But then I don't want to be judgemental about those who do. This year I've said no. But if some other year I'm presented with an interesting option and a concept, then why not? I did perform at the Nelly Furtado New Year's eve concert two years ago.
Shilpa Shetty: I'm not against dancing in a hotel for New Year's. After all, what's the difference between dancing at an awards nite or at a New Year's eve event? I've danced on Dec 31 in the past, but this time ... no thank you.
I've got five offers to dance this New Year's ... and at unheard-of prices. The fee was tempting, but this year I'm going on a family holiday to Spain. I'd any day sacrifice any kind of money for the family. Today, being in a serious relationship and contemplating marriage, I'm in a different mindspace.
Dia Mirza: I've been getting offers to perform on New Year's eve for years. But I've never been tempted. Honestly the remuneration offered for such performances can weaken your resolve. But I've stuck to my ground. So the answer to the offer of dancing at these year-end affairs remains a firm no. I'd prefer to ring in the new year with family and friends.
Koena Mitra: Like any artist, I love performing in front of a live audience. What better way to ring in the New Year?

Trackbacks


Powered By: TrackBackr

0 - Leave a Comment Now. Let Us Know What You Think.:

Shahruk Khan's Family Photos

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.