Enjoi The Years - Complete source of Daily News, Information, and Entertainment from Bollywood


  Make money from your Website or Blog with BidVertiser

  Akshay Kumar, Jackie Chan And Mallika Sherwat

Sunday, December 21, 2008

I never dreamt of becoming an actress: Anushka Sharma

 

Mumbai, Anushka Sharma, who debuted opposite Shah Rukh Khan in "Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi", says she would like her dream guy to be like Surinder Sahni or Suri, the middle-class nice guy played by the superstar in the film. She also says she never dreamt of becoming an actress. "I would love to have someone like Suri. He should be a nice man. I believe in having a man who is beautiful and strong from inside ... Inner beauty is most important. But I found Suri to be handsome and good-looking too," Anushka told IANS in an interview.
Directed by Aditya Chopra, "Rab Ne..." is the story of a mismatched couple played by Shah Rukh and Anushka and how the two of them find love in the backdrop of a dance competition.
The model-turned-actress considers herself "fortunate" to have landed a debut with Yash Raj Films and, that too, opposite Shah Rukh, but Anushka says she had never planned to become a Bollywood heroine.
"I never dreamt of becoming an actress; so it is not a dream come true for me," she said.
Anushka, who is under a three-film contract with the Yash Raj banner, said she would be concentrating on those projects for now.
"I have signed a three-film contract with Yash Raj. But I am free to do any other project if I wish," she clarified.
Excerpts from the interview:

Q. How did "Rab Ne .." happen?
A. I started modelling from the age of 15. My photographs were with an agency and Yash Raj got them from it. I was called for an audition along with various other girls. I was selected by the assistant director and then introduced to Adi (Aditya Chopra) for the second audition. He asked me to be as natural as I was in my first audition. I followed his instructions and was finally selected.

Q. So Shah Rukh was not there when you were selected?
A. No, I met him for the first time on the sets.

Q. How was the experience?
A. He was in the get-up of Suri and I couldn't recognise him until he came to me and introduced himself. I was really surprised.

Q. Do you consider it a dream come true to be part of such a huge project?
A. Not really, as I never had the intention to be an actress. It happened out of luck and I consider myself very fortunate to be part of such a big banner in my debut film and to be working with a star like Shah Rukh and a director like Aditya Chopra.

Q. Are you an avid watcher of Yash Raj's films?
A. Yes, I like their movies and the style in which they make them. My favourite films are "Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge" and "Chak De India".

Q. Who are your favourite actors and actresses?
A. Shah Rukh Khan and Rani Mukerji.

Q. So what next after "Rab Ne.."? Are you bound by any contract?
A. Yes, I have signed a three- film contract with Yash Raj. But I'm free to do any other project if I wish.

Q. Can you give any details about your forthcoming films?
A. Right now I've no idea about any of the films as nothing has been finalised.

Q. You debuted with the biggest star and one of the biggest production houses of the country. Do you feel that you aren't left with better options in future?
A. No, I think the industry is quite big and there are other big banners and people in the industry with whom I would love to work.

Q. Among the two characters of Suri and Raj played by Shah Rukh in "Rab De..", which one did you like the most?
A. I liked Suri more because he had goodness in his character and was very true. I find those qualities enduring in a human being.

Q. How would you like your dream guy to be?
A. I would love to have someone like Suri. He should be a nice man. I believe in having a man who is beautiful and strong from inside ... Inner beauty is most important. But I found Suri to be handsome and good-looking too.

Trackbacks


Powered By: TrackBackr

0 - Leave a Comment Now. Let Us Know What You Think.:

Shahruk Khan's Family Photos

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.